This is my story, similarity to any real person other than myself is purely coincidental. Please don't be an ass and copy/use this as your own. Some language and material may be unsuitable for people under the age of 18- reader discretion is advised.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some things never change

Well… it has been an interesting weekend here.  Phil decided to scare the living hell out of all of us by being rushed to the hospital and had to stay there for a couple of days in isolation- from a newly developed allergy as it turned out.  Phil even had major organs fail!  Everyone was freaking out and even he (Phil) thought he could see the light at the end of the tunnel, not that it being the end of the crazy ailment that no one could figure out- but the one that you see before you meet your Maker.   With that being said, you would think something like this would scare the living hell out of *you* to be of the mindset; “it’s never too late to change.” Right?  Wrong.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, but Bill and I were talking about this event and speculating on how long things his life would change.  (Don’t judge!  Phil and Millie have several ailments that adversely affect their health.  One of which they both share with many other people is Type 2 Diabetes of which they are both perfectly happy to adjust their meds instead of their diet to live with that disease.  So, changing and willpower are not their forte by any means- to give you an example Begging for Candy Day means eat as many pieces of candy that you give out or more in your room and throw the wrappers in the bathroom garbage can.  Honestly, they *know* it is wrong yet they do it all the time. Whatever.)  I guessed about a week.  Bill guessed a few days.  Well, we were both wrong.  Less than 24 hours! 

Are you kidding me?  Nope.  I wish I was.  Phil asked for Millie to bring him a diet soda from the local convenience store to him in the hospital.  Honest to God- and she DID!  Am I the only one that is having a “WTF” moment here?  Phil- major organs ceased to work and you’re going to ask for a diet soda??!!  (at the hospital no less)  Shaking my head in shock and total disbelief because, I guess some things never change.   How was your weekend?

Similarity to any real person other than myself is purely unfortunate for them coincidental, this is my story so please don’t be an ass and copy/use it as your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment