This is my story, similarity to any real person other than myself is purely coincidental. Please don't be an ass and copy/use this as your own. Some language and material may be unsuitable for people under the age of 18- reader discretion is advised.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is a time to stop and be appreciative of all that you have and to be thankful things aren’t worse than they could be.  I’m thankful for many things: my children, my husband, my health, my family, my friends (or family that I have chosen as I like to think of them), my country and my freedom.  I am thankful for the soldiers that have fought for me to have the freedom to live the way I want to.  The ability for me to write this blog and for you to read is in part because of the sacrifices of many so we can live free.  

Would my life be better with other things in place?  Would there be less stress and strife in my life if things were different?  The answer to those questions is; “Hell yes they would!” Unfortunately, things aren’t perfect- not even close.  Life is chaotic- at best.  I pray every day that things get better for us, it isn't a selfish thing- it’s a reality.   The lives of my family have been changed and not for the better either.  The relationships between family members have been irrevocably damaged and for that I’m not thankful.   So much animosity, resentment, and deceit all for nothing; yet continue on a daily basis. 

I wish I could do more, I wish I could thank more- because truly, I do have much to be thankful for it is just a few things that seem to shadow over my gratitude today.  What do you have to be thankful for?

Similarity to any real person other than myself is purely unfortunate for them coincidental, this is my story so please don’t be an ass and copy/use it as your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment